Sunday, December 14, 2008

Menchie's = Yogurtland?

Was driving by the Ward area after dinner last night and noticed a new fro-yo place across from Bose. Fro-yo for dessert? Cool! So stopped by at around 10:45pm. Place was pretty packed with high school kids who were just standing around the yogurt dispensers sampling all the flavors without actually buying anything....nice.

The setup is very similar to Yogurtland's. First you fill your cup with your choice of yogurt flavors, then you hit the toppings bar, and then you pay by the ounce. I saw 16 different flavors last night including Cable Car Chocolate, Irish Mint, Cake Batter, Strawberry Banana, Green Tea, Peanut Butter and others. The one thing they offer here that Yogurtland doesn't have is liquid toppings such as hot fudge, caramel, and I forget the last one. But other than that, the toppings available were very similar.

I filled my cup with a little Strawberry Banana and a little Irish Mint and topped it with hot fudge, chopped almonds, mini peanut butter cups, and mochi balls. Yum!

I believe they charged $0.43 per ounce but I don't know how that compares to Yogurtland cuz I forget their rate. But it was like $8 for two of us.

The one thing I did not like was that once it hit 11pm, they pretty much kicked us as well as the other patrons out of the place. I felt that they could have just put a CLOSED sign on the door to not allow anymore people to come in and at least let the people inside finish their yogurts before closing up shop. Oh well.

All in all, a decent alternative to Yogurtland if you're in the Ward area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home