Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time Warner Cable to Lose Major Channels?

I got home last night and turned on my bedroom TV to watch some TV before going to bed as I normally do and all of a sudden I see this ticker on the bottom of some channels stating that we may be losing some major channels soon. Apparently, Viacom, the owner of said channels is willing to pull their channels from all Time Warner cable networks if Time Warner does not agree to increased fees for these channels by tonight.

I looked over the list of channels that will potentially be pulled and honestly, I don't really care that much. The list of channels affected includes MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, Spike, and Comedy Central. I haven't watched MTV in years so I won't miss that and I don't have kids so Nickelodeon isn't anywhere near my radar. I also hardly watch Comedy Central, although it was a nice feeling to know it was always there in case I ever wanted to catch a re-run of Something About Mary or Kingpin at 2 in the morning. I think the only channel I'd miss on that list is VH1. In the past few years, VH1 has come up with some interesting programming such as Best Week Ever, The Pick Up Artist, and Scream Queens that I've enjoyed watching. Spike has also been pretty good about showing guy flicks like Bloodsport so I may miss that channel a bit as well.

The deadline for a deal to be made is midnight tonight. We'll see what happens!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If viewers aren't committed to NFL Jerseys sports coverage, there are plenty of cheaper options for distributors nfl jerseys store to choose from.

Despite cheap nfl jerseys figures that paint a christian louboutin shoes picture Nike Air Max 90 of a cable christian louboutin uk ecosystem Nike Free Run in wholesale nfl jerseys slow decline, a number of channels louboutin outlet saw Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes significant growth over Nike Roshe Run the last year.

12/11/2016 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home