Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Comic Book Movie Updates

With the success of comic book character films recently, there are a lot of future comic book films in development. This summer, we can expect to see X-Men 3 (aka X-Men: The Last Stand) and Superman Returns.

I'm really anxious for X3 despite the departure of director Bryan Singer just because it was my favorite comic book growing up and thought the first 2 films were so well made. Check out these photos!


That's a shot of Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, and Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man! And man, does Rebecca Romijn's butt float or what?


Here's a shot of Beast (Kelsey Grammar) doing his thing. Great pic.

If you haven't already seen it, here's the trailer (Film opens 5/26/06): X3 Trailer


Also, there's Superman Returns coming out on 6/30/06. My hopes for this one are quite a bit lower because I never was a big DC Comics guy and the cast for this film is questionable. Newcomer Brandon Routh plays the Man of Steel and Kate Bosworth (bleah) plays Lois Lane. Kevin Spacey plays Lex Luthor but I have a feeling he's gonna ham this one up. But director Bryan Singer did make 2 fantastic X-Men films, so there's some hope there. Plus, it's got Kumar in it!

Superman Returns Teaser

Finally, I don't think this trailer for Ghost Rider has been officially released by the studio yet, but you can see it here on youtube. The trailer doesn't look that great and a lot of that can be due to the fact that the CGI stuff isn't done yet so they can't show the stuff with Ghost Rider in action, but the film does have a decent cast: Nicolas Cage, Eva Mendes, Wes Bentley, Sam Eliot, Peter Fonda. Not too shabby. It's scheduled for a February 2007 release.

Ghost Rider Trailer

2 Comments:

Blogger Gee Why said...

I like DC Comics growing up. Something about the artwork in the various Batman comics. I like the JLA and Titans as well.

4/12/2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

I liked the Titans as well, especially after they had that one crossover special with the X-Men. Kinda thought the Flash was cool too. Too bad that TV show didn't pan out.

Wasn't a DC fan in general, but I gotta admit that The Killing Joke was one of the best comic books I've ever read. That is a classic. I think I still have 2 copies of it stored somewhere.

4/12/2006 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home