Friday, May 05, 2006

Hapkido Promotion

Had my first promotion test yesterday for hapkido. Was pretty simple actually. Since I'm only a white belt and getting promoted to yellow, I only had to do real basic stuff like flying no-shadow kicks and take on 4 guys in a street style fight. Nah, just kidding. Just some basic hand techniques, some basic kicks, and the basic breakfalls. I got an overall grade of A but had some B+'s in individual techniques. I think they were in circle techniques and sool gi. I don't even know what sool gi is and didn't realize I even did it. Maybe that's why I only got a B+ on it? LOL

I even got to break a board, even though it wasn't required for my level. But they asked if I wanted to so I said sure, why not? They said it was traditional to keep your first broken board and the 3 instructors even signed it. Don't know how long I'll keep it though. It's not even my first board anyway since I took taekwondo back in hanabata dayz.

And then after the test, we got pizza!!! Yippee!!!!

So if takes about 2-3 months for one promotion test, I should be a black belt in about a few years? Not that I really care about the belts. I just wanna learn the art. Then I can call out Steven Seagal and kick his ass. Aw-right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home