Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Kicking and Screaming

Man, I am hurting!

After a month's layoff due to my knee surgery on 8/21, I finally went back to taekwondo class today. Actually, on my follow up appt. with Dr. Kan (Khaaaaannnn!!!!) last Tuesday, he told me not to do anything active for another month. Another MONTH? That's too long! I've done nothing active since my surgery and I was feeling like it...all listless and lazy. So I decided to get off my ass and go to taekwondo anyway cuz I was feeling pretty confident in my knee.

So I went to class and was surprised by a few changes. First of all, they had a young girl who looked like she was in high school running the class. And man, she had an attitude! She sure was acting like big boss! Thankfully, she only ran class for warmups and another teacher (who I like...not in that way...not that there's anything wrong with that!) took over. But even then, I was purposefully taking breaks here and there (not often, I just missed 2 drills all class) on the more difficult kicks due to wanting it to take it easy on my knee on my first day back, especially on any spinning kick drills. To that, I got this snappy statement from high school girl:

(I was partnered with another guy)

Sassy girl: Did you guys both go? (We were doing kicking drills and I decided to skip the spinning heel kick drill due to my knee)

Me: No, I didn't go.

Sassy girl: Well, go!

Me: I'm resting my knee (I had told her at the beginning of class that I was coming back from knee surgery).

Sassy girl: Gives me a look of disgust

Whatever. I think she just became the teacher this month cuz she wasn't there the whole time I was there from February to August. I don't care that she's a girl nor that she's young, but don't give me no 'tude!

So I got a little riled up and decided to give it my all on the next drill which was combo kicks cuz when I try, I'm one of the stronger kickers in class and I wanted to show that little girl up. (I know, I am petty. So sue me!) But man, after class and even during...I was whupped! One month of inactivity really does take a toll on you! And today's class wasn't even that grueling compared to others I've had!

I was originally gonna stay for the hapkido class after too like I normally do but taekwondo took too much out of me so I went home after. I think I'm gonna need a few days to recover from today's kicking (in class) and screaming (in pain after).

4 Comments:

Blogger 808marv said...

Sounds like you might have a Cha Tae-hyun/Jeon Ji-hyun thing going on there...My Sassy TKD Girl? ;-)

9/27/2006 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Maybe she would have whupped you even without the month off.
keeding!

Did you check to see if she was maybe Sabonim ddal? I like her spunkiness maybe Susuhno is her idol.

10/05/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Nah...she's not the daughter. Just a high school kid with a black belt they hired to teach the kids.

10/05/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

links of london, louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, toms shoes, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, converse outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, swarovski crystal, canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, hollister, barbour, ugg boots uk, karen millen, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, doudoune canada goose, barbour jackets, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, canada goose, supra shoes, pandora charms, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, swarovski, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, lancel, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada
ninest123 16.02

2/23/2016 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home