Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Allure Korea Magazine Photo Shoot

Allure Magazine - Korea Edition is in town for a photo shoot for an upcoming 10 page spread. The crew arrived yesterday morning and will be here until Sunday morning, shooting over 3 days. I was asked to assist them with some logistical type things such as hunting down an antique car for one of their shoots.

I met the gang last night at a meet and greet dinner. They were a very friendly bunch, consisting of the photographer, his assistant, a stylist and her assistant, another stylist, the magazine beauty editor, and the 2 models. Then today was the first day of shooting.

The location was a house located on Tantalus that you never would've known existed. After taking a turn off of Round Top Drive, you still had to traverse about a third of a mile in down narrow, winding roads to get to this house. The house is owned by a couple named The Hollands and the wife used to be an interior decorator. It featured many what you could call quaint rooms and also had an amazing view of the ocean. Here's the killer view:The back lawn area:The lanai:Check out this bathroom!Master bedroom:The living room:The classic looking library downstairs:The dining room:The kitchen was used as the model's dressing room:Do you realize how much these people charge to rent their house out for 1 day? Oh...how about between $1,500 to $3,000? We found this house through the Kathy Muller agency so of course they get their cut but damn! Wouldn't that be nice? You let some strangers in your house for the day and collect a cool grand or more for your non-effort. Talk about the rich getting richer!

The next 2 days of shooting are going to take place 1) with the car as they travel around to different scenic places, and 2) at another house which they're still trying to scout locations for. The photographer's concept for the 2nd house shoot is a more modern look so they're looking for houses in Diamond Head or Portlock. They were originally going to shoot at Pegge Hopper's house but she was too busy to accommodate. Unfortunately, due to my real life job that I'd like to keep, I probably won't be able to watch them working like I was lucky enough to do for a few hours today.

But wow, let me tell you that this photographer is amazing! I walked all over that house and saw the same things he did but the way he captured the images in photos together with his models...amazing! It's like we're not even looking at the same thing! I was holding his insta-print shots in my hand while looking at the actual backdrop he shot it against and it was like 2 different worlds! I have a newfound respect for photography now.

Okay, okay, so people are probably wondering who the models were, right? Well, they aren't anyone overtly famous but they're definitely model quality pretty. I didn't want to take any photos of the models (I was afraid I'd have to pay them if I did! LOL) because I didn't want to disturb anyone while they were working but I did dig up some photos of them on the net.

The star of today's shot was Lee Hye Sang. From what I learned at dinner last night, she's the model for Hera cosmetics and has also done some acting. She's married and I believe has 2 kids. She was very professional during the shoot and I really admired that, amongst other things...heh, heh, heh. She changes her poses and her facial expressions without the photographer telling her a thing. She just knew what to do. I thought that was pretty cool. Very pretty and sexy voice too. Here's a few photos of her:The other model is Song Kyeong Ah. She used to model in New York but works in Korea now. Apparently, she's the host for a talk show on Mnet in Korea, which is a music cable channel. This girl is damn tall. I was standing right next to her (I'm 6 feet tall) and I swear she was standing taller than I and she was wearing zori! Talk about TSP!

2 Comments:

Blogger 808marv said...

Wow you're becoming like Mr. Insider for Korean celebs in Hawaii eh? Maybe you can write a regular column like Wayne Harada or Jeff Chung. ;-) Did you ever get to rent a classic car?

Cool house, wish I had room for a library like that. And of course the view is amazing.

1/26/2007 8:46 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Hah! I wish! Nah, I'm just a guy that does small favors for people who ask. It's not like I'm partying with these people or anything. Not that I'd mind, though!

1/27/2007 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home