Friday, February 09, 2007

First LA, now New York. Go Chan Ho Park!

I just read on ESPN.com that Chan Ho Park has reached a verbal agreement to play for the NY Mets this upcoming season. Now, I'm not a baseball fan by any means, but I do like to see my brothas succeed in the big leagues. And Chan Ho was the very first Korean to make it into the show so I guess he's kind of like our Jackie Robinson. Too bad this contract is only for $3 million, a big step down from his 5 year, $65 million contract with the Texas Rangers.

Actually, this dude's had a pretty impressive career with an overall record of 113-87 and an ERA of 4.37. Very respectable numbers. He was even an All Star one year. But for me, I'll always remember Chan Ho for 2 things:

1) He gave up 2 grand slam HRs to the same guy in the same inning. If you're gonna screw up, might as well screw it up royally to make history! You go boy!

2) He is the only pitcher I've seen who's thrown a jumping taekwondo kick when the batter was charging him after getting beaned by the baseball.

Now that's a real Korean! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home