Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This Is Why Ferd Is A Columnist And I'm Not

Ferd Lewis had a great column in today's Honolulu Advertiser about the new LPGA ruling that all players must pass an English test to stay on tour. And he stated his point much better than I did. Check it out. Good stuff.

Then this morning as I'm driving to work I'm listening to 1420AM sports radio and they were also discussing this new rule. A caller calls in and suggests that the rule was created because of foreign players possibly conspiring with each other on the course in their native language. "They can tell each other how the putts break...." was part of what the caller said. Sigh. I fear for the ignorant. Does this guy not realize that golf is an individual's game and there's no way you would give a competitor any kind of advice, even if they're from your own country? Jeez...some people, I tell ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home