Friday, January 02, 2009

2008 Year in Review and Hopes for 2009

Looking back on 2008...it was a pretty good year! First of all, let's look at how I did on my New Year's resolutions.

1) Be healthier - I've lost about 12 pounds in the last year so that's a start, right? Of course I wanted to lose more...but baby steps! Nah, gotta work harder on this in 09.

2) Read more books - I've read a total of 1/2 of a book this year. Still working on finishing up Water For Elephants. Yeah, I know I suck in this category. You should see my stack of magazines I have to catch up on too.

3) Improve my golf game - I played a total of 1 round of golf in 2008 and that was back in February. Goal not accomplished!

4) Don't be so easy on spending the $! - I think I've been fairly financially responsible this year. Not too many useless purchases....that I can recall anyway.

So yeah, resolution wise, it may not have been the greatest but I had some great experiences in 2008. I went skiing in Lake Tahoe, did a weekend getaway in Kona, visited Korea in the spring (including a first time visit to Busan), travelled to California twice for work, met a great girl, lost a great girl, helped put the Korean Festival together, and got my LEED AP accreditation. Not a bad year!

I'm not going to make any resolutions for 2009 since life is so fluid and you try to be as flexible as possible but I do have a number of goals. Since this is the year of the ox (same year as when I was born, which means I'll turn 24 this year...yeah, right!), I am hoping for some great things.

Happy New Year everyone and hope you all have a fantastic 2009!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home