Friday, April 03, 2009

Now....Then And Now

The Kpop sensation girl group Wonder Girls have remade the classic song "Now" by the 90s girl group FinKL. I'm a big fan of the FinKL version cuz it's probably one of my fave Korean music videos of all time, performed by one of my favorite Kpop acts of all time.

Here's the original music video by FinKL:



I really love this MV. The song, the choreography, costumes, the girls, everything works. Hey! There's even big star Jo In Sung making an appearance!

Now here's the new MV by Wonder Girls:



Meh. It really does feel like a cheap knockoff. Especially since they chose to remake the original practically shot for shot. And the WG girls can't hold a candle to the FinKL girls.

Or am I just showing my age?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Belly =9 said...

i like the original version too! Finkl was my generation hahaha... wondergirls look just too young and not sexy to me although they try.

4/17/2009 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home