Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I am getting old!

After taking taekwondo for a few years when I was a kid, I got interested in taking martial arts again so I decided to start taking hapkido 2 months ago. Hapkido gives me a good workout but I wanted to extend myself so I started to take taekwondo as well. I go to hapkido 3 times a week for 1 hour each class and the taekwondo class is also for an hour right before the hapkido class.

So yesterday was my first go at taekwondo and I was doing pretty well when about 3/4 of the way through the class, we were doing pushing axe kicks and I felt a pop in my left hamstring. Not good. It's weird because by that time, I should have been fairly loose, limber, warmed up, etc. and a hamstring pull shouldn't have happened. But I guess I just tried to push my leg up too far and too fast and injured my hammie. I've actually pulled my left hamstring twice before so it's a recurring thing with that leg. Once I did just while stretching out before a gym workout. I was doing split stretches and just felt it "pop".

This injury will most likely keep me out of action at least for a few weeks and that totally bites. I hate missing class, not to mention that it hurts even when I walk right now. I even feel pain in my hip, which is weird. Such a bummer.

Oh well. Just goes to show that I'm getting old and what my spirit is willing to do, the body cannot follow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, man. Peruse Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, where a 50-something year-old Bruce Wayne yanks his super alter-ego out of exile and ends up kicking more booty than he did under Neal Adams (up 'til when Miller started treating Batman, the ichi ban illustrator o' the caped crusader, to I) or even in ye olde Superfriends Saturday morning eps. That should inspire ya! :)

Take care! And keep at it . . . I mean, if anything, the ladies will appreciate the fruits o' ya'll's conditioning (not that I'm speaking from experiencing, bwhahaha).

P.S. I don't think you're THAT old, eh?

4/18/2006 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home