Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Shows I Watch

I only watch 3 shows on American TV nowadays. The Sopranos, Lost, and The Amazing Race.

The Sopranos
The big ole strong Tony is finally back after all of those Kevin Finnerty episodes while he was in a coma. And it looks like he's gonna want to crack a few skulls. The way he took out his new driver totally reminded me of that Friends episode where Monica hired Joey as a waiter just so that she could fire him and flex her power. And I wonder what's gonna become of Vito? They sure have spent a lot of time on him this year and really exploring his gay side. My feeling is he's gonna get whacked but it'll be early and another main character will be the "main character whack" for this season later on.

And I thought that whole Johnny Sack wedding thing was done well. We'll see if his crying leads to any consequences down the road. Even his main man Phil Leotardo seemed to lose all respect for him. Will Johnny Sack be the big time whack this season?

LOST
I've given up hoping for answers to the island's mysteries. But that's not saying that I've given up on the show. LOST is still a great character drama and I shall from now on watch it as such. If they happen to throw in a golden nugget here and there about the island, it'll be gravy.

This past episode, we learn of how Rose and Bernard meet and also discover that the island has somehow healed Rose of her cancer. The island seems to have the ability to make people's wishes come true. Locke being able to walk, Sun getting pregnant, Charlie finding his guitar, etc. No wonder Rose didn't want to leave the island.

And Michael's back! I was wondering when they were gonna bring him back. It looks like that he's gonna convince everyone that The Others are not to be feared and initiate an attack on them. Why do I think that this will be a bad idea?

The Amazing Race
Finally caught up to this show after missing the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I learned that cutie Desiree has been eliminated along with her mom.

I'm continually amazed by Fran and Barry. It's not too often that the "old couple" lasts this long, but they're doing great. Fran even did that bungee jump with little hesitation. Awesome!

But I'm rooting for either Ray and Yolanda (they seem tough and work together well) or the Hippies, just because they're just about having a good time.

And Lake and Michelle are gone! But I'll miss their bickering. It made for good TV. And they weren't nearly as bad as Jonathan and Victoria a few seasons back. That was just painful to watch. Lake and Michelle were like Jon and Victoria "lite" and were tolerable.

I wonder which countries in Asia they hit this season? Previews for next ep show India. I wonder if they go to the Far East as well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home