Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Summer Movie Update

I saw Mission:Impossible 3 and was kind of disappointed. I felt the action was a little lacking and unoriginal. The romantic aspect of it didn't work for me and the ending was definitely anticlimactic. Plus, since it was directed by JJ Abrams, it felt like a 2 hour episode of Lost, with similar set design, camera angles, music, story set up, etc. MI3 gets a 6/10 from me.

Decided not to watch Poseidon as it's been getting some harsh reviews. But then again, one review I read said that "If you liked Armageddon, you'll like Poseidon". I thought Armageddon was a great movie and it made me think twice about watching Posidon. Nah, I'll wait to rent the DVD.

Here's a glowing review of X-Men: The Last Stand. Even if it had bad reviews I'd be there on opening night. I can't wait.

Here's an updated poster on M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water. I'm a big fan of his work and am really looking forward to this film. This is also a very cool poster with a bunch of hidden images.

There's also a new Miami Vice trailer out and it looks damn cool. Director Michael Mann is brilliant and it'll be good to see Jamie Foxx playing the cool cat again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home