Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dinner at Seoul Garden

Seoul Garden is probably my overall favorite Korean restaurant in Hawaii. It's located on Kapiolani Blvd across from 24 Hour Fitness and right next to a club where I hear they have nude women dancing. Wow, we have those types of places in Hawaii?

As for Korean restaurants, I also like Yakiniku Seoul and have heard that Mikawon is good as well but I've never been there. Also, personally I think the very popular Sorabol is "bleah". But that's just me. The quality of meat at Seoul Garden is great and their lunch specials are very filling, tasty, and reasonable. $5.95 at lunch will get you a stew, a bowl of rice, and choke side dishes.

Anyways, I had dinner at Seoul Garden and thought I'd share some pics:

Ordered the 양념갈비 (seasoned short ribs) and also an order of 해물파전(seafood pancake).

First comes the 반찬 (side dishes):
Here's the kalbi:
Whever you order meat in a Korean restaurant, they bring you a stew as part of your order:
And finally, the seafood pancake:The kalbi was winnahs. Ono seasoning and melt in yo mouth! The seafood pancake was ordinary though. I've had better at other places like Yakiniku Seoul and Little Seoul. But still, Seoul Garden comes highly recommended from me.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wayne's World said...

Good pics! But no can beat the seafood pancake at Little Seoul!

10/18/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Word!

10/18/2006 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lunch combo plate is a deal at 8.95.
Not trying to be song sengnim or anything but you typed hae moo instead of hae mool.
maybe you were thinking cow/meat when you were typing in hangul. hee hee..

10/18/2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Oops! You're right. A little spelling typo there. I fixed it now. Thanks for the heads up!

10/18/2006 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh BNO in less than 20 hours...get ready to get nutz! Adoso?

10/18/2006 11:55 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Ooh, I forgot to mention too....I've told some of my friends already but the kimchee pancake at Cafe Melody on Kapiolani Blvd is awesome!

10/19/2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Seoul Garden was our Korean restaurant of choice when we lived in Honolulu. We often went there on "date night." Great photos! Once we took a taxi from the other side of Waikiki to get there. The driver didn't know what we were talking about until we mentioned the name of the dance bar next door. Then he got us there no problem!

10/19/2006 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Million best for Yakiniku. How come when I order meat at Korean restaurants they don't bring me stew? Must be because I'm Japanese. Racism!

10/19/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

links of london, louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, toms shoes, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, converse outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, swarovski crystal, canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, hollister, barbour, ugg boots uk, karen millen, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, doudoune canada goose, barbour jackets, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, canada goose, supra shoes, pandora charms, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, swarovski, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, lancel, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada
ninest123 16.02

2/23/2016 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home