Thursday, June 14, 2007

Instant Pad Thai - Not So Tasty

On my way back to the office after a mid-morning meeting, I decided to stop by my house for lunch instead of getting take out. But when I got home, there was absolutely nothing to eat so I decided to finally take a chance on some instant pad thai I bought for 99 cents at Longs some time ago.So I followed the directions and boiled some water to cook the instant noodles. That's when I noticed that the expiration said "Best By 060217". That got me thinking...does that mean Feb 17 2006 or...June 2 2017? If it meant 2006, I don't think I bought this product over a year and a half ago...if it meant 2017, do these things really last that long? But I figured since I was already boiling the water, I'd take a chance.

I let the noodles sit in the water for 5 minutes, then drained the water. Then I mixed in the oil and seasoning packet. This was the final result.After 1 bite, I decided that the taste was not worth the risk of a stomach pumping (if it was indeed 2006) and ended up throwing the whole thing away. Now...I'm so hungry!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the expired expiration date had any thing to do with the taste. I brought the same noodles from Longs Drugs. I followed the instructions on how to prepare them. I took one bite and the rest of it went into the trash.

6/16/2007 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home