Friday, August 31, 2007

I Present....My Fantasy Football Team!

Last night was the draft for our DaBoyz league, where this year we all lay down a Benjamin for a total pot of 1G. Yeah, baby! Now it's go time! I drew the #8 spot out of 10 people and this is how it went down, round by round.

Round 1 - RB Reggie Bush. I couldn't believe he slipped to me at #8. This guy is a stud in our league cuz we award 2pts per reception! His numbers will only go up from last year. Plus...he'll be on TV a lot!

Round 2 - WR Reggie Wayne. Love this pick. I think this is the year he takes over the #1 spot from Grandpa Marvin Harrison. Even if not, a virtual lock for 80 rec, 1,200 yards, and 8 TDs.

Round 3 - WR Anquan Boldin. He's now in the "Hines Ward" spot in the new OC's offensive scheme. Meaning...Leinart is gonna throw the ball his way a lot!

Round 4 - WR Lee Evans. Can you tell I like players who get a lot of catches? Evans really turned it up late last year and is bound for a Pro Bowl season. My WRs are totally awesome!

Round 5 - RB Brandon Jacobs. The heir apparent to Tiki Barber. Can he handle the full load? Will he catch out of the backfield? 1,200 yards and 12 TDs out of my RB2 and I'll be more than satisfied.

Round 6 - QB Ben Roethlisberger. All the QBs were going and since we start 2 per week, I had to hurry and pick one up. I think Pittsburgh is gonna open up the offense this year and I like his targets in Ward, Holmes, and Miller.

Round 7 - QB JP Losman. Wanted Jay Cutler here but Grover snaked him late in the previous round. But still, Losman was impressive over the 2nd half last year and I hope he continues to grow.

Round 8 - WR Santana Moss. Not really a pick I like and looking back, maybe I should've taken someone else. Oh well....he's shown he can put up big numbers in the past so hopefully he can do it again.

Round 9 - RB Jerious Norwood. Time to start drafting for depth. Norwood should take the starting spot away from the ancient and tiny Warrick Dunn.

Round 10 - RB LenDale White. I've been a fan of his since USC days and am hoping that his reunion with OC Norm Chow will reap dividends because the job is his to lose. Has looked pretty good in the pre-season thus far.

Round 11 - QB Jason Campbell. One of those where you just take the best of what's left. Purely a bye week filler.

Round 12 - WR Donte Stallworth. Looking back...I shoulda taken SAN DIEGO DEF here instead of a WR with a history of disappearing on a team where the QB spreads it around.

Round 13 - RB Leon Washington. If Thomas Jones ever goes down (he's already injured in the preseason), Washington will produce in spades.

Round 14 - WR Jacoby Jones. A total flyer of a sleeper. This is where you draft for upside. He's been looking great in the preseason and getting the kind of buzz that a little known WR named Terrell Owens got in his rookie training camp.

Round 15 - MINNESOTA DEF/ST. All of the "stud" D's were already taken so I'll get by with MINNESOTA.

Round 16 - PK Jason Elam. Go Bows!

Overall, I'm very pleased with my team and don't anticipate any problems getting into the playoffs and dominating the league again. For I am the KOFF!!! LOL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets start off with your QBs,
where based on average top 20 rankings they fall under the category of average to below average level. Nothing bad, but then again nothing good too.

your RBs are definitely weak, after Bush; jacob's is somewhat of a question mark; given he was never the featured RB and that the Giants are on the verge of imploding.

your WRs are your strength. you have a strong starting lineup and even better wr4. I am not a big fan of Donte Stallworth but I really like your jacoby jones as a sleeper pick.

your Kicker is truely about hawaii love, but you know he is getting older.

your defense is good. but everyone gets one of the top 10 so how can you go wrong with any of thoese teams.

good luck Mr. KOFF.

MDM.

9/02/2007 12:15 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

And good luck to you, Maixmus! Rememer...you can only start 2 RBs!

9/02/2007 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home