Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunch at Macaroni Grill

First of all....sorry, no dica so no pics.

Had lunch at Macaroni Grill today at Ala Moana Center. Had never been there before but wanted to check it out cuz I've heard so much about the crowds plus I've been holding a $25 gift card in my wallet since last Christmas so it was time to spend it.

Got there at around 12 noon and about 1/3 full. Tables are covered with butcher paper and they give you crayons so you can draw on the paper.

We ordered the shrimp and artichoke dip as an appetizer. It came with thin pieces of toasted bread (almost like crackers), covered with some shreds of baked on cheese. The dip was pretty bland and the vegetables were cut way too big. Did not like this dish at all.

My friend ordered the Chicken Cannelloni, which is pasta stuffed with chicken, cheese, and spinach, and then covered with cream sauce and red sauce. The stuffed pasta was way too cheesy if that's possible and the taste of the chicken was totally unidentifiable. Not very tasty.

I had the Chicken Rigatoni, which came in a large, deep bowl. Large pieces of rigatoni pasta, mixed with grilled chicken, caramelized onions, and mushrooms. Way too much pasta, and not enough chicken and mushrooms. Also, the marsala wine sauce was too prominent and thin so it kind of looked like pasta soup.

Overall, the restaurant was very very bleah and I highly doubt I'd go back unless I was forced to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home