Friday, October 24, 2008

BNO - Kanpai Sports Bar

Kanpai is located where Dixie's Grill used to be on Ward Avenue.

I apologize for my poor picture taking skills. I can't figure out how to take pictures in dim lighting. If I turn the flash on, the pics come out too bright with no detail. With no flash, the pics come out too dark. Anyone wanna coach me? I think there's only 1 decent pic in the bunch below.

The norm on a BNO. Chilled Petron shot. Yum! Pour was kind of weak here though. Andadog knows where the good pours are.
Follow that up with an ice cold beer! Stella's a pretty smooth beer I've been enjoying lately.

Ahi shoyu poke. Not bad, but not the freshest either.
Spicy garlic chicken. A little salty (as was most of the food here) but tasty and a good match with the beer.
Ahi belly. Tender and tasty.
Fried rice. Quite bland, and a little mushy. My least favorite dish of the night.
Garlic poke. Better than the shoyu poke.
Kimchee ribeye steak. Didn't really care for this but the gang thought it was pretty good. We ordered it medium but it came out closer to rare. Also very salty and the kimchee wasn't seared along with the steak. It was just piled on top of it.
Overall, an average culinary experience but the atmosphere's decent and the service was good. I wish the food wasn't so salty and the Petron pour was better. With the plethora of sports bar type establishments around, don't really see myself returning to Kanpai.

3 Comments:

Blogger tabasco man said...

Aren't these the guys who owned Slammers?

I used to love their kimchee ribeye.

How many dart boards do they have?

10/24/2008 10:34 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

You know what, I didn't even notice if they had dart boards or not.

You coming to our tailgate on 11/22?

10/24/2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger tabasco man said...

Not sure about 11/22. That would be fun.

We are still working on my son's bday party and might be that day. Guess gotta change da date. Haha.

10/24/2008 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home