Monday, April 13, 2009

Parking Spots Designated For.....Women?


I guess the stereotype about bad Asian women drivers is true.

Check out this blog post from the Korea Beat. Apparently the city of Iksan in Korea has felt the need to establish parking stall designated just for women.

The stalls have pink boundaries and are .2 meters (a little less than 8") wider than the normal parking stalls. This is to aid women who are not so good with their parking skills.

Hmm...imagine if this was done at Ala Moana or other popular places where parking is a hassle? Do you think women would enjoy this exclusivity and the time saved from searching for a spot with all the other drivers or would this be considered sexist?

Things that make you go hmm.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jenn R. said...

Well...as a fellow female driver (and 1/2 Korean)...I must say I am not surprised. I myself get fed up with female drivers..I guess I drive way too much like a guy (as my husband keeps telling me). But my husband vows that he strongly believes Korean women are the worst drivers/parkers in the world, guess its because he taught his ex-wife how to drive and according to my step-son he says she is always in accidents and dings her SUV when she parks.

But since I have a nice car, I would like the extra width so I don't get some dingbat dinging my door because they are too careless....

5/14/2009 3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home