Monday, November 20, 2006

Dis n' Dat

Just a few random comments and thoughts....

- The Cho Brothers are out of The Amazing Race and I'm not upset at all. Their behavior on the race while admirable, was just not suited to being in a race for $1 million. I mean, there's a difference between doing the right thing and doing the smart thing. I can't believe they waited for Alabama and Kentucky at every moment. These guys really disappointed me especially because they had the potential to be a strong team had they been independent. Yeah, they had to overcome the fear of heights thing, but they did it pretty easily and they were pretty smart throughout the race despite carrying the excess baggage of two weaker teams.

So when they finished last this leg, I felt no pity for them whatsoever and even was a little disgusted when Godwin (or was it Erwin?) broke down and bawled in front of Phil. Come on man! Suck it up! Don't cry on national TV! Ugh. At least there's still Yul and Becky on Survivor to give me hope.

- Why are the Chicago Bulls on TV so often? I think they've been on either ESPN or TNT at least 3 times this season? They are a team with no notable players (although I do like Kirk Hinrich) and they are all jump shooters which does not provide much entertainment. Come on, TV! Michael Jordan's not there anymore! How about showing some lesser known teams with up and coming stars like New Orleans and Toronto? Of course, I have Chris Paul and Chris Bosh on my fantasy teams so I'm biased.

But no more Chicago Bulls!

- Kim Yu Na is a figure skating champion! The 16 year old from Korea beat out Japan's Miki Ando and USA's Kimmie Meissner to capture her first senior title. Congratulations!

- Another bad football weekend. My fanstasy football team failed to score 100 points in my main league giving me a loss (and a $5 penalty) and leaving me on the cusp of the playoffs while I left WR Lee Evans (11 catches, 260 yards, 2 TDs) on my bench in my other league. Even worse (way worse), I went a combined 1-12 on college football and NFL on Saturday and Sunday. That is just ridiculously bad. It's a good thing it was for amusement only! Now excuse me while I go cry in a corner....

- I just found out that I have been voted to be on the Board of Directors for the Hawaii Korean Chamber of Commerce. Funny...I didn't even know I was a member, let alone up for a nomination! Oh well, I guess that's good news and I now plan to be active on that front. I guess I better start attending their meetings!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mr Board of Director! Do they still have the Miss Korea pageants every year? My two cousins ran in different years and it was the most boring beauty pageant so maybe you can make it more interesting.

11/20/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger tabasco man said...

What, no mention of the Cal SC game?

11/20/2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Unnie - Hmm....didn't hear about a beauty pageant. I know there's a fundraiser dinner of some sort in December and then there's a function with SBS in February. There's also the college scholarship they award as well as the Korean Festival. Maybe I should suggest reviving the beauty pageant? I wouldn't mind judging! ;0

Tabasco Man - Some memories are meant to be buried. 2 straight losses is just too unbearable. My only hope for this team is to win the Big Game. They better not lose that one!

11/20/2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger Sang Park said...

Congrats! Say...maybe with the new found *power* you can nudge KBFD folks to get their act together...

11/21/2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Congrats! Very impressive!

11/28/2006 3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home