Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Harisu to Marry

What do you think of this photo? Sexy? Hot? Well, cool your jets men cuz to quote Austin Powers..."That's a man, baby!" Yep, that photo is of Korean singer Harisu who was born a male but is now a transgender. According to this Chosun Ilbo article, she will be marrying her boyfriend early next year.
Hmm...reminds me of some hypothetical "Would you...?" discussions I had after visiting Asia SF when I went to San Francisco in September.

I actually have no problem whatsoever with the whole transgender thing but Harisu in general really bugs me. Seeing her on variety and talk shows, she's quite annoying. She's a camera hog and does whatever she can to get the spotlight including overshadowing others by breaking into dance or song at random moments. Bleah.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wayne's World said...

Dang! That's just not right!

11/15/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger 808marv said...

Harisu was just on KBS America a few weeks ago on that charity show where celebrities work for a donation. "She" and another actress helped pick fruit from an orchard. One of the male farmers looked quite smitten. But when they sat down to have a lunch break one of the lady workers asked about Harisu's boyfriend. I think Harisu said something like "he's a kind and generous man" to which the woman joked "oh so he takes after you then". Zing! Harisu was not amused. :-D

11/15/2006 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's off the market?! Damnation!

11/15/2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When she first came out I thought she was gorgeous but the more I look at her nowadays, the more she looks like a guy.
I see her on talk shows and her sweet disposition she had before is gone. Now she's like a pushy ajumma. Is her fiance Korean? I thought she was dating a European guy.

11/16/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I dunno...I think she still looks like a guy on the talk shows. Her boyfriend has to be playing on both teams... not that there is anything wrong with that ;-)

11/17/2006 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home