Thursday, November 23, 2006

Heart Still Rocks!

One of the first bands I ever was a fan of was the rock band Heart. This band out of Seattle featured two sisters, Ann and Nancy Wilson and they were backed up by a great band.

Anyways, I was watching TV late at night the other day and I happened to come across a Heart concert in Seattle being shown on one of the HD channels. But I was too tired to watch so I DVR'ed it and finally got around to watching it today. Man, these girls still rock! This band has been around from the 60s and 70s but I didn't know about them till they went mainstream in the 80s with hits like Alone and What About Love. In the 45 minutes of the concert I was able to record I didn't hear any of these songs but was lucky enough to catch their older classics Magic Man and Barracuda. I thought this was a new concert but found out that it was a concert for DVD filmed in 2003.

And I gotta add, Nancy Wilson still looks great! I had a crush on her when I was a kid and she's still sexy, even in her 50s. Something about a woman jamming on a guitar is really hot. She rocks! Movie director Cameron Crowe (Jerry Maguire), her husband, is one lucky guy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot their best song of all time Crazy On You. I heart Heart and yeah they still look great, so does Pat Benetar.

11/26/2006 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got stationed at Fort Lewis, in Washington State. When I heard there new album playing on a local radio station. My wife wanted to know who they were. Found out they were Heart and they had just released their first album called "Dreamboat Annie". Been a Heart fan every since.

I already have the "Heart - Alive in Seattle" concert HD-DVD on pre-order with Amazon.com. With my 10% off it's going to cost about $15.70.

11/28/2006 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home