Saturday, December 09, 2006

Rosie O'Donnell - WTF?

I never liked Rosie O'Donnell at any time but her recent racist stereotyping on her TV show The View really makes me loathe her. In this clip, she's commenting about how popular of a news story Danny DeVito's drunken appearance on their show is and she then goes on to mock Chinese people by going to that old stand by "ching chong" speak for the Chinese language.

Rosie, you are a sad loser and I really feel sorry for ignorant people like you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it! I am cancelling my vacay on Rosie's rainbow cruise this spring. j/k

12/09/2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Wayne's World said...

I don't care for Rosie but how many times have we laughed at people imitating other races like Indians or Arabs? We're just as guilty as her. Although it's weird that I'm not offended when Greg Hammer does his Japanese imitation. Maybe it's because he actually speaks some of the language when he's doing it instead of just going ching chang chong, etc like and idiot.

12/14/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Yeah, I think that's a part of it. Copying an accent is one thing. Perpetuating this "ching chong" caricature of the Chinese language is another. It's something that originated in the US way back in the day as a way to ridicule the Chinese and it just don't fly no more.

12/14/2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger TChahng said...

As Che Fong would say to Steve McGarrett...

(click to listen to audio file)

12/20/2006 3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home