Sunday, May 06, 2007

Hiking at Mariner's Ridge

Went hiking this morning at Mariner's Ridge with a couple of friends at around 9:30am. The last time I went hiking was a few years back at Hawaii Loa Ridge and I thought I was gonna die! So I was a little apprehensive about this trip but I figured my friend was bringing his 3 year old daughter along so it couldn't be that bad.

The beginning of the trailLots of little flat rest areas like this along the wayNot too bad of a climbWalking through the forest...ooh...scary!!!Typical trail sectionGetting a little steeper near the top!Finally at the summit! View of Waimanalo from the topView of the marina areaOverall, it was a fun day. We took our time and it was a pretty leisurely hike. None of the areas were especially difficult. For me personally, however, going downhill was kind of hard due to my bad left knee. I had to traverse down steep areas with my feet perpendicular to the slope to avoid stress on my knee. That was the only humbug part.

But if an out of shape guy like me who's been smoking and drinking for the past week can do this trail, I'm sure anyone else can do it easily as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great views. Still can't get the "yawn" factor out of hiking for I. More power to the folks who enjoy it, though. Does seem like great exercise.

Heh, didn't know you smoked Myong.

5/07/2007 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home