Monday, June 18, 2007

Troy on HD DVD

Got another HD DVD in the mail late last week (my order from Deep Discount continues to arrive piecemeal) and lo and behold...it's Troy, the movie inspired by Homer's The Iliad.

My first two viewing experiences with my new HD DVD player were good, but not spectacular. Why? Because Letters from Iwo Jima was filmed in a washed out quality that made the film almost black and white and Enter the Dragon was transferred from a film over 30 years old. Troy would be my first opportunity to really show me what the HD DVD player was capable of.

And let me tell you....it did not disappoint! Picture clarity was amazing. I spent most of the film just looking at all the fine details onscreen. The little murmurs of waves in the deep blue ocean, the wrinkles in people's faces, the grains of sand and stone on the buildings...awesome. And the sound of course was excellent, even on my cheap home theater system. If anyone were to come over to my house, this is the film I'd show them.

Am now waiting for my remaining HD DVDs....Fearless, Planet Earth, and 2 Fast 2 Furious. Yeah, you read that correctly! I thought 2 Fast 2 Furious was a really fun movie and I really think it'll look super good on my HD DVD player. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home