Monday, July 30, 2007

Dinner at Seoul Jung

Had dinner at Seoul Jung in the Waikiki Resort Hotel last week. Actually, I didn't go there for the food, but for an ulterior motive at the hotel which proved to be fruitless because the opportunity I was looking for never presented itself. But since I was there anyway, had to eat, right?

First of all...sorry, but no pics. I actually had my dica on me but was so hungry that I forgot to take pix and just started grinding when the food came! I know! What the hell kinda blogger am I?

I was with 2 friends and we ordered 2 orders of kalbi and 2 orders of deung shim. But I messed up when cooking the meats. I ordered the kalbi seasoned and the deung shim unseasoned and you're supposed to cook the unseasoned meat first. But the waitress brought out the seasoned kalbi first and we were so hungry that we just started cooking the meat before the deung shim ever reached the table. Oops! Oh well!

Both meats were pretty good and very filling! I think we were all hungry and we put it all away! We also ordered a kimchee jjigae. Now here is my problem with Seoul Jung. Well, for one thing...their prices are high. But being in a hotel is their excuse for that. The main problem I have, however, is that they don't give the jjigae free with the meat orders! I hate that! I thought Sorabol was the only restaurant here that did that but I guess not! And on top of that...the kimchee jjigae was a little bland and not that great.

So I probably won't be going back unless I feel the need to explore that avenue again...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you told them you were from the Korean Festival, they might have done better. They need to know who you are...

7/31/2007 8:25 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

I should've dropped your name! You're the regular there!

I'll tell you the real reason I went next time I see you...

7/31/2007 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home