Sunday, September 02, 2007

Waikiki - Wonderful Wedding, Funny Fisticuffs!

I went to a wedding this past Saturday night at the Sheraton Moana Surfrider and the setting was absolutely beautiful. The ceremony (which I was too late to attend) was held on the veranda overlooking Waikiki Beach and the cocktail service followed immediately after as the sun set to the West. The wedding was tons of fun (even though I ate too much!) and melded Japanese, Chinese, American, and local traditions in smooth and very entertaining way.

Great view of the beach...
Beatiful sunset...
After the wedding, some of us went to The Yard House to have a few drinks. It was my first time there and gotta admit....not really a fan. Anyways, my car was still parked at the Sheraton so I had to walk my butt back down Kalakaua Avenue to retrieve it. This was at around 12:30pm and I started to hear a ruckus across the street. BEEF! No, not my friend Mike but a real fight! Aw-right! Nothing's more entertaning than seeing 2 drunkards trying to duke it out. In the red corner, a tall and lanky Caucasian tourist! In the blue corner, a short and fighty local! BOX! How voyeuristic am I? I took video of course!
Now the funny part...after the fight was over and the tall guy walked away, he started acting all tan-da-rah again and started punching a tree (yeah, real smart!) saying stuff like "You want some of this?". Well, then the local guy said "You wanna get nuts?! Let's get nuts!" and then proceeded to strip down to bare nekkid! Everyone watching just started cracking up! I tried to take some video as I was convulsing with laughter. Ah...Waikiki....no place in the world like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home