Friday, January 25, 2008

I Fought The Law And The Law Won

I just got back the decision letter from my speeding incident. Looks like I'll still have to pay a penalty, but at least I got a reduced fee.

The original fine was $147, but the letter states that they'll knock me down to $50 fine, a $40 administrative fee, and a $7 driver education assmt fee (whatever that is) so I now have to pay $97 instead of $147. It also states that my original speeding violation will be decreased from 43/25 (43mph in a 25mph zone) to 35/25.

I was hoping for an entirely clean swipe of the ticket, but I guess this is better than nothing? At least I saved $50 on the fine. I hope this doesn't affect my car insurance rates......

EDIT: How's this? My mom got a speeding ticket last night! She was caught going 66mph on the 50mph portion of the freeway. What the hell? What is a 59 year old woman doing driving almost 70mph at 11:30 at night, anyway? I had to give her little bit scoldings for that but of course I didn't mention my own violation! LOL I hope these things don't happen in 3's!