Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Grice-Mullins Gone!

Just read on Stephen Tsai's blog that WR Ryan Grice-Mullins will be leaving UH as well. Ouch! That means Colt Brennan, Jason Rivers, Davone Bess, and Ryan Grice-Mullins are all gone! Talk about jumping ship!

We're gonna be hurtin' next year! Who's gonna be our coach next year? I'm not really sure why...but I'm kind of hoping for Duane Akina. Norm Chow would be great but I think UH burned that bridge with the hiring of Von Appen. Plus, the man's making $2 million a year. Why'd he want to come to coach here? I just think Akina has what it takes to coach here...the local upbringing, the fierceness, etc. To be honest, I'm not all that all familiar with his work but just a gut feeling tells me he'd be great.

EDIT: Well, it looks like Greg McMackin is the front runner right now. Not a bad choice and it makes sense. I was kind of hoping for a fresh new start, however. And what's this? Former Michigan St. coach John L. Smith is interested in the job? Mr. I Hate Hawaii? Is this a joke?

And on a tangent...did anyone really buy all that bupkus about June Jones praying for guidance and crying 6 or 8 times while considering the SMU job? I don't believe it for a second. While I do believe him that it wasn't entirely about the money (although a $2 million salary is very nice) and that it was about how he and his assistants were treated, I don't believe that he was really considering staying at all once the SMU offer was made. June and Leigh Steinberg can talk all they want but it's all empty chatter. I think that all of that emotional BS was just a way of letting the Hawaii fans down easy. That way, he's not the greedy ass who's running after the money. Just my opinion, anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger tabasco man said...

Go Greg McMackin, former head coach of the Oregon Tech Hustlin Owls. Ron Lee was also there when I was going to school there. He took them to the Final 4 of the NAIA utilizing the Run and Shoot. The offense that year was awesome. My roomy was the starting center.

1/09/2008 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home