Friday, December 28, 2007

Movie Updates

Well, there's been a bunch of movie casting updates recently for Asians in new Hollywood films. Here's a quick recap:

Kristin Kreuk is Chun Li!Smallville star and half Chinese actress Kristin Kreuk will be playing the part of Chun Li in the new Street Fighter film. Not really a fan cuz I've never watched Smallville but it's an interesting choice. Kind of wish they had gone with a full Asian actress though. I'm sure my friend Grover is thrilled about this news.

Jamie Chung in Dragonball Movie
I've never watched the cartoon so I have no idea what it's about but they're making a live action movie based on the Dragonball cartoon. And who did they cast in one of the female lead roles? Jamie Chung! I saw a bit of her on MTV's Real World just because I heard a Korean girl was cast and she sure is a cutie. I hope her part is a big one! Here's a video of one of her modeling shoots.
More Dragonball Casting
Also joining Jamie Chung in the Dragonball movie are the legend himself, Chow Yun Fat, and Park Joon Hyung from the Korean boy band G.O.D. Looks like CYF will be taking another shot at Hollywood. His last role was in the Pirates of the Carribean sequel. Park Joon Hyung will also be seen in the Speed Racer film with Bi (aka Rain).

Lee Byung Hun = Storm Shadow!Korean top Hallyu star Lee Byung Hun (All In) has been cast as cool as hell ninja warrior Stormshadow in the new GI Joe movie. Awesome! LBH is a good actor but I'm not so sure about his martial arts skills. He'll be going up against the fantastic Ray Park (Phantom Menace, X-Men) who will be playing Snake Eyes. Can't wait!

My Sassy Girl Remake
When the hell is this movie gonna be released? The original Korean film is one of my favorite films of all time (you should definitely see it if you haven't already) and I've been anticipating this remake for a while now, just out of pure curiosity. Plus, I like the lead Elisha Cuthbert. But they keep pushing back the release! There isn't even a trailer for this film, just this lame poster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob H said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/02/2008 10:54 AM  
Anonymous ac kambal price said...

Smallville star and half Chinese actress Kristin Kreuk will be playing the part of Chun Li in the new Street Fighter film. Not really a fan cuz I've never watched Smallville but it's an interesting choice. Kind of wish they had gone with a full Asian actress though. I'm sure my friend Grover is thrilled about this news.
ladies kurti stitching ,
garment stitching services ,

12/06/2021 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home