Sunday, December 16, 2007

Friday Night at Fusions

I went to Fusions in Waikiki with a few friends on Friday night. Haven't heard of it? Let's just say it's a bar that caters to the "alternate lifestyle". Actually I went because the co-worker of a person in our group was performing that night.

The show is on every Friday night and is called the Gender Bender show or something like that. I forget the exact title. What it is is a bunch of drag queens come out and lip sync and dance to all types of songs. Hmm....sounds an awful lot like a night I spent in San Francisco! What do they say? Twice is a pattern...three times is a trend? Uh yeah...don't worry, this is not a trend. This is just something to do on a Friday night.

So what did I think of the show? It was fun...but I wish they had picked better songs to perform to. The show was almost 2 hours long but kind of dragged (no pun intended!) at times cuz they were doing a bunch of ballads and diva type songs. They also did some Christmas carols. I wish they had done more upbeat dance type stuff like in SF. Plus...the gals weren't that attractive. Not that it would've mattered to me...but if you're gonna look at something it might as well be pleasing to the eye, right? Some of these girls were almost as big if not bigger than me! And I'm a pretty big guy!

Here's some photos I took of some of the performers....

The introductions...
The host...



Oh my! That's a lot of skin!
The finale...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home