Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is easily in my Top 3 holidays of the year, just because of the food factor. I love eating turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. This year, we had to have a Thanksgiving lunch instead of the traditional dinner cuz my mom had to go into work in the evening. That meant I had to get up early to get the turkey goin...

Of course, I spent a lot of the day watching football. I went 3 out of 4 on my picks...not bad! My only loss was an idiot decision in picking the Jets over the Cowboys...stoopid!
Here's my finished turkey! I've been roasting Thanksgiving turkeys since I was a junior in college so it's old hat already, although I try different methods sometimes. The last 4-5 years or so, I've been stuffing the cavity with chopped up apple, onion, carrot, and celery and I think it makes for a more flavorful bird. But this year I didn't brine it (just out of poor laziness) and I think I should go back to brining next year.
Here's the carved bird (half of it anyway)
Yep...instant mashed potatoes! You know what? I've made the mashed potatoes from scratch many times before and to be very honest....I really can't tell too much difference from scratch and instant. So I just make the instant cuz it's soooo much easier! No more having to bake potatoes, peel them, smashing them, etc.
Doesn't look too bad, right?
Here's my Dad's responsibility each year...the stuffing. And yeah, this is made from scratch...I don't like that Stove Top stuff.
Gotta have some veggies! Corn counts, right?
So here's my plate. Yummy! I had 2 servings just like this for lunch and then another for dinner. Whew! That's a lot of food!
I baked a couple of pumpkin pies too but forgot to take a pic. Of course, they came out deelish! ^_^

In the evening, it was just my Dad and I so we decided to check out the movie "Hitman". It was a brainless action film, like a B-movie version of "The Bourne Identity". It wasn't terrible, but nothing memorable either.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohruh buh nee! I stuff our turkey with green apples too. My mom asked me where I got that from but I forgot. Mom and Pops don't know how to roast a turkey after all these years. It's the same as roasting a large chicken but they think it's some complicated American recipe.
Chal hae ssuh yoh, everything looks yummy.

12/02/2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home