Thursday, November 08, 2007

Hawaii Public Radio

So I was asked to be a part of a Korean panel last week for an interview on Hawaii Public Radio on Station 89.3FM. It was on a show called Business Beyond the Reef and it's an hour talk show.

The interview was from 5-6pm I was told that my portion would be in the 2nd half so I was to show up at around 5:15pm. But I wanted to get there early and check things out so I showed up right at 5pm. The first 3 guests were talking about politics, the visa waiver, and stuff like that. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention cuz I was talking story with Professor Gary Pak who is a literature professor at UH and was part of the 2nd half panel with me. At 5:30, it was our time to go on.

The control panel
First was a call in guest, Mr. Kang of Coral Creek golf course talking more about the upcoming visa waiver. Then it was my turn to talk about Korean business in Hawaii. Who me? Yup! Pretty ridiculous, huh? Luckily I came prepared cuz I asked the host to email me the questions he might ask so I would have answers prepared and not fill the airwaves with "uh"s and "um"s and the like while I tried to think of somewhat sensible answers. Many many thanks go out to my 2 hyeongs who helped supply me with some great answers!

After me, it was Professor Pak talking about Korean entertainment and movies in particular. After him was Pastor Song who spoke about religion. Then it was a roundtable discussion on various subjects such as the increase in popularity of all things Korean and what our favorite Korean restaurant was (we all said Seoul Jung!).

It was my first radio interview and I have to say it was pretty fun.

The guest panel - Prof. Pak, host Al Adams, some goofball, and Pastor Song.
Here's a link to the entire show if for whatever insane reason you're interested in listening. I come in a little after the halfway point.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you were talking about yourself when you said some smug and dan da lan guy was going to be on the radio show? Hahaha, ok I thought you were talking about dah ruhn sa ram eun.

You're turning into a local celebrity. Sign ju seh yoh!

11/08/2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

ha! turning into someone recognizable is something i don't want! but i guess i contradict myself by posting pics of me and the stuff that i do here...the irony! or is it hypocrisy?

ah whatevahs....sure i'll give you my "sign". if i see some young girl walking up to me with a pen and napkin, i'll know it's you Unnie! LOL

11/08/2007 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home