Monday, October 22, 2007

Korea - Day 5

Today was a rest day for me. After 4 days of constantly being on the move, eating, drinking, sightseeing, eating, and drinking, I needed a day to unwind and just cruz.

Started off by driving to Suwon to visit my aunt. I actually wanted to eat Suwon wang galbi which is what the city is famous for but my aunt insisted on making a home cooked meal.

Here's the spread. Amazing how many dishes she prepared!
After that, went back to the hotel to take a much needed nap.

At night, was supposed to meet a friend but he had to cancel on me at the last minute cuz he was still filming and would finish later than expected (he's a cameraman).

So feeling a little cooped up, I decided to check out Gangnam Yeok (Gangnam Station). The people who hang out here are really young, I mean like in their teens and early 20s. I'm 34 and don't consider myself to be old but I did feel old here.

Tons of these places in Gangnam. What is it? A plastic surgery center.
Many 포장마차 (tent bars) here.
Tons of restaurants and bars. I had a really good dinner here a few nights ago. We ate 우겹살 (woo gyeop sal) which is kind of like samgyeopsal but made of beef instead of pork. So ono!
Interesting club name...
Snack at Cafe Pascucci. A good place to just people watch and sometimes spot celebs.Then went back to my hotel area and had a few beers at a local bar before turning in.

Yeah...boring day but I needed it to rest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind I found your night life pics. hihihi.

10/23/2007 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home