Sunday, October 28, 2007

Korea - Day 10 Last Day!

After my late and drunken night, was still able to get it together to get out of my hotel by 11am. I had a lunch appointment at the COEX at 12 noon so I had to get ready in a jiffy. Checked out of my hotel, checked in my luggage at the Air Terminal, then went to meet my friend for lunch.

I've been trying to get a hold of this friend ever since I arrived in Korea but whenever I called, I kept getting her mom! I even went so far as to say "Hey! It's Myong opba from Hawaii! Remember me?" only to hear the mom say "Who?" "From where?" Uh yeah...I'll call back later. So I called a few days later and the mom answers again. So I ask if the number I called was still my friend's number and she said no, that she was using the number now. So I emailed my friend and gave her my # and she called me the next day and explained what happened. Ah...I see. So my last day in Korea was our only chance to meet so we had lunch at the COEX mall. Man, lots of people here on Saturday! She was actually there to attend a job fair so I helped her a little with her resume since the job fair was only for foreign companies and I tried to give her some hints as to what they may be looking for.

After lunch, caught the shuttle to the airport. Returned my rented cell phone and the total bill came out to only $70! And that's for 10 days! If you take out my international calls, it would have been only $54. How cheap is that? They only charge you a daily rental of $3 and then for outgoing calls. No fees for incoming calls. And they said that the next time I come, if I use the same #, they will give me half price on the daily rental rate. Awesome!

So that's basically my trip. It may not have sounded like much and I may not have done anything overly exciting or mindblowing (that I chose to reveal here) but I had a really good time. I can't wait to go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home