Monday, October 22, 2007

Korea - Day 6

Started off today by getting a new pair of eyeglasses from my cousin's friend's place in Namdaemun. He gave me a good deal as the frame I got was supposed to cost $85 but he gave it to me for $65. Shoots!

After that, had lunch at this hole in the wall place in a town whose name I forget. But it's a really well known place called Myong Hwa Won and they're only open from 11am - 4pm every day except Sunday.

Always a line here...
This is the entire menu - Jjajangmyeon ($3.50), jjampong ($4), mandoo ($4), and tangsooyook ($14). Everything is so cheap!
The fried mandoo
The tangsooyook (sweet sour pork)
The jjajangmyeon
After lunch, took a walk around Namdaemun Market. I don't really like shopping but was looking for (cheap) gifts for friends.

Lots of places selling ginseng and other health products.
Busy streets....
Women's coats...
The food aisle...
Kimchee and panchan anyone?
Pig's feet...I gotta eat this once before I leave!
Kitchenware...
Men's suits...
So I ended up just buying a few hats for like $15 total. After about an hour of walking around, I was pooped so decided to head back.

Stopped by a bakery on the way back. Lotsa good choices!
Later on in the night, met a 형 (hyeong = older brother) for some drinks.

Soju and chicken gizzards!
This is actually a large "tent bar" in No Hyeon Dong where you can do booking

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For under $15 you can eat ja jang myun, jjam bbong, kun man doo and jin man doo! bae go pah yoh.

How much weight have you gained in 6 days?
My mom bought me a white furry rabbit jacket like the one hanging in your pic.

Have more fun during your stay. Where's the night life pics?

10/23/2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

i think i've gained like 10 pounds since i've been here. no exercise + constant eating + constant drinking = fattie boy.

night life? 비밀! ㅋㅋㅋ

10/23/2007 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are your eyes skinnier from exercising them at least?

Weh bi mil???? Mal hae jyo s'il vouz plait haha.

10/23/2007 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home