Monday, October 29, 2007

Anyone Listen To Hawaii Public Radio?

There's a show on Tuesdays at 5pm called Business Beyond The Reef on KIPO, station 89.3FM. Tomorrow's show (10/30) will focus on all things Korea such as religion, entertainment, the visa waiver, education, business, etc.

I don't normally listen to the show myself but I hear they're having this guy on at around 5:30pm to talk about Korean business in Hawaii. I know the guy they're going to interview and I don't want to reveal his name but he's the last guy they should be interviewing. He doesn't know a thing about Korean businesses even though he is a member of the Korean Chamber of Commerce. I'm just curious to hear how stupid he's going to sound.

Sorry, I don't usually like to bash people but this guy really bugs me with his smugness and 잘난척 (high maka maka aka "dan-da-la") attitude.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noticed that people in Hawaii say dan da ra and the meaning is how you described. But in Korean, ddan dda ran means something different.

Does that word they use here come from the Korean word?

10/30/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

what does it mean in Korean?

10/30/2007 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorta means you're all flash no substance.

10/30/2007 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home