Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm Going To Brazil! Yeah, Baby!

Well....not until the year 2014 at least.

I've always dreamt about attending a World Cup tournament and I totally missed my chance in 1994 when they were holding games right in my backyard when I was attending college at Cal. But back then I was just a poor student so shelling out a few hundred bucks for tickets (as my roommate did) just wasn't financially feasible. Then of course, I missed the 2002 World Cup in Korea/Japan as well as the 2006 World Cup in Germany. The 2010 World Cup will be held in South Africa but I really have no interest in going there.

So I was anticipating the announcement of the 2014 host country and lo and behold, it's gonna be held in Brazil! That is awesome!

I can't wait to go. Of course, I will be 41 years old at the time and have no idea what I'll be doing then but I'm sure I'll be able to find time to go visit a cool country like Brazil. Who's coming with me?