Monday, November 05, 2007

It's a Small (1x), Small (2x), Small (3x) World!

I had a pretty interesting Saturday night this past weekend...

1) I went to a wine tasting fund raising event and met a few friends there. One of the people I saw was this guy that I met briefly once before. But when he told me who he worked for, I was trippin'. Cuz recently, my mom's friend has wanted to set my younger sister up with some guy who works for a finance company here in Honolulu. My sister lives in SF but visits Honolulu periodically so they wanted her to give him a call the next time she's here. I had only heard a few tidbits about the guy like how old he was and who he worked for. But when I was talking story with this guy Saturday night, he worked for that same company. Sure enough, the next day I asked my mom what the guy's name was and of course it turns out to be him! That's so funny and weird....

2) After the wine tasting went to karaoke. When I walk into the establishment, I asked the owner where the bathroom is and she looks at me and asks, "Do you remember me?" She was really pretty but unfortunately I could not place the face. I had to apologize and tell her that I didn't recognize her. She then tells me to think a little harder. I'm still drawing a blank. Then she mentioned the name of a certain department store and I'm like "Huh?" cuz I don't go there too often. Then finally she gave me the big hint. "Hair stylist". Ah!! She cut my hair twice a long time ago (like 4-5 years ago) at the salon in the department store. That's when it all clicked. I remember liking her a lot cuz she was really nice to me and even set me up on a blind date with a girl that she knew. Amazing that she remembered me after all these years after just cutting my hair twice! She now owns the karaoke place and I plan on going back now whenever I can...

3) So while we're singing karaoke, one of the guys with our group tells us that his friend is coming to join us. When she walks into the room, he makes the intros (first names only) and she gives me this weird look like she knows me. About 2 minutes later, she tells me that I look really familiar and asked where I went to high school. I tell her where and then she goes, "You're Myong Choi!" and I'm like, okay...how do you know my last name? She tells me that she was a few years younger than me in high school and that her brother was a year older than I in the same school. I didn't really know her but after looking at her a little more closely and thinking about her name...I kind of remembered her a little bit. But not really since I think she was a freshman or sophomore when I was a senior. So of course, I had to ask her, "How come you know me? Was I that well known?" ^_^ Turns out she lives on the mainland with her husband and was in Hawaii just for the week to visit. What a trip!

So yeah, Saturday was a really weird and fun night with all these random meetings. It really is a small world. 진짜 신기하다!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you sing Korean songs at karaoke? At the place we go to, if you sing Korean you can just punch it in the keypad. If it's English, you have to send the number out to the front and they punch it in.

Anyway, what song is your signature at karaoke?
Ours is Doc Wa Choom-eul and Superman by DJ Doc.

11/07/2007 9:45 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Yeah, been singing the K-songs, doing my best Music Bank and Inki Gayo impersonations! Been doing ballads recently, but will thrown in a fast song from Koyote or someone else for good measure.

Where do you go to karaoke? Usually you can just punch in the number on the remote whether it's a Korean or English song.

11/07/2007 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home