Friday, December 14, 2007

Book Em Dano!

Well...it was bound to happen. I got my first ticket yesterday. After being able to talk my way out of tickets in the past, the Man finally got me!

I was driving around running some errands during lunch yesterday and I ended up on Salt Lake Blvd, going back to my office. I ran a late yellow light (I sped up to make it) and at the next intersection, I see a cop on the side of the road. He signals to me to pull over. I thought he was gonna tag me for running a red, but he tagged me for speeding instead. He said I was going 43mph in a 25mph zone. Before I could say or do anything, he had his clipboard out and was writing up the ticket. Dammit! There goes my clean record. I looked at the ticket and its for $147! Holy schneikies!

I asked him of course if there was any way out of the ticket cuz I didn't want to ruin my pristine driving record and even undid a few buttons on my shirt just in case. He actually gave me a few pointers! He suggested writing a letter (which I was gonna do anyway) and saying stuff like "I'm unfamiliar with the area", "I thought it was a 35mph zone", "I've never gotten a ticket before", stuff like that. So I really appreciated his offer to help.

So I'm gonna write the letter and see what happens. This is where I put my High School Creative Writing award to good use! I hope it works! Nothing to lose, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home