Saturday, January 05, 2008

Good News/Bad News

GOOD NEWS - My right knee has been bothering me for the last two weeks after I fell hard and awkwardly on it during a basketball game. I felt a crunching and grinding sensation as I landed on it and I thought to myself...ooh, not good! So for the last two weeks I haven't been able to bend it all the way back without a decent amount of pain and any prolonged period of walking would stiffen my knee and cause pain as well. Funnily, I don't feel any pain when I'm running at the treadmill at the gym, however.

But as I'm going skiing in a month, I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything seriously wrong with my knee that would prevent me from going on my trip. So I went to the orthopedic doctor today to get an exam. After getting my x-rays, the sheet attached to the x-rays said "torn meniscus" and "sprained medial collateral ligament". Yikes! I feared the worst and was already anticipating yet another knee surgery. But when the doctor came in and looked at my xrays and examined my knee, he said that it was just a tweak and should be fine in a few weeks. Huh? I asked him about what it said on my xray sheet and he said that that was from my previous visit when I had my left knee scoped. Whew! So I really am hoping that this discomfort and pain does go away in a week or two as he said and that I get my full range of motion back. Tahoe...here I come!

BAD NEWS - I just found out recently that my Tahoe trip is during the Super Bowl! What the hell! There's bad planning for you. It didn't even occur to me or to anyone in our party that the Super Bowl was the first week of February and that's when we're gonna be in Tahoe! D'oh! I was so looking forward to watching the game on my big screen HD TV! Instead, I'll either be watching it at some Tahoe bar or in the hotel room or avoiding the game altogether to hit the slopes. Oh well....what's done is done!

1 Comments:

Blogger tabasco man said...

My brother inadvertently made his daughter's 1st B-day party on Super Bowl Sunday. So I will be missing a portion of it.

1/06/2008 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home