Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm Blu

Well...I did it! I've officially turned over to the Blu-Ray camp. I'm too much of a movie fan to stay away. After investing in a HD DVD player and about 30+ HD DVD movies, that format is now dead and it's now time to join the winning team.

I've already purchased several Blu-Rays even though I don't have a player yet cuz I knew it'd just be a matter of time till I got one and I didn't want to lose the big sale opportunities that are out there for the Blu-Ray movies. These are the movies I've ordered so far:

Into The Blue (Jessica Alba in HD! WW...wanna come over and watch?) $14.95
House of Flying Daggers $14.95
Donnie Brasco $14.95
Speed $17.95
Replacement Killers $16.49
Terminator 2 $13.95
Hitch $14.95
District 13 $14.49
Superbad $14
Underworld: Evolution $13

That's 10 Blu-Ray movies for an average of $14.97 each. Not bad, huh?

Now it was just a matter of getting a player. The cheapest and one of the better players out there is the PS3, which goes for $400 plus tax. But I don't need or want the game playing capacity of it and I don't like the look or orienatation of the unit either. So I was looking at getting a Panasonic BD30 player which has gotten solid all around reviews but I couldn't find one for cheaper than $500.

Then all of a sudden this morning I came across an opportunity to buy one from Panasonic directly using a special group code and was able to get it for $386! Sweet! Add on shipping and tax and the total is about $440, which is what the PS3 woulda cost me but I get a much better looking player without the unnecessary gaming aspect. I'm so stoked. Can't wait till it gets here.

Now I just gotta try and unload my HD DVDs and hopefully even my HD DVD player. Optimistically, if I can sell my HD DVDs for an average of let's say $12, then that will bring in about $370 assuming I can sell them all. Not bad, almost paying for the Blu-ray player by itself.

Hooray for Blu-Ray!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. I just went over to the purple side also. I also picked up a Panasonic BD30. A returned open box at BB. This think looked like it was never used. I already upgraded to the newest 1.6 firware.

Already had about 10 blu-ray titles and I traded for about 12 more in the past week. I also picked up a open line new Die Hard Collection on Blu-ray for $37.

3/18/2008 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home