Monday, June 30, 2008

Things We Learn...and Becoming a Metrosexual?

I try to learn new things from the people I meet in life. No one knows everything but everyone has some pool (whether deep or shallow) of knowledge on certain things that they are interested in.

I recently had a relationship end and I was thinking to myself, what did I learn from that relationship? And you know what? Funny or not, I think the best thing I learned from that person was personal maintenance...or more specifically skin care. She pointed out to me that we're not getting any younger and at this age (I'm turning 35 this year), it's all about prevention! You gotta start taking care now to prevent damage in the future. Kind of like going to the dentist twice a year to avoid having all of your teeth fall out when you're 60.

So for the first time in my life, I've started to take care of my skin, especially my face. Gotta protect what few assets I've got (ha ha ha!). In the past, I've always just washed my face in the morning with soap and that was pretty much my entire regimen. But now, I've applied some information I learned from her and then did some more research on the net for men's skin care. Here are a few key things I learned through the process...

1) Never use soap on your face. It doesn't penetrate the skin to get into your pores and it makes your skin dry and flaky. Instead, use a facial cleanser. It will clean deep down into your pores and also get rid of the surface oils you don't want but not absorb the oils your skin needs from under the surface.

2) Use a moisturizer. It will help to slow down the aging process and prevent wrinkles.

3) Use the cleanser and moisturizer twice a day, in the morning and in the night. You do it at night to wipe away and clean off all the crud that gathers on your face during the day. You do it again in the morning because the skin heals as you sleep, releasing toxins, oils, and other nasty stuff to the surface.

4) Protect yourself from the sun whenever possible.

Yeah...these are the things I'm doing now to try and slow down the aging process. I've never done anything like this in my first 34 years of my life but just like a car, the older you get, the more you gotta take care of it! =) I've also started to (try to) watch what I eat and just make better judgements in general regarding health and fitness.

I don't know if this qualifies me as a metrosexual but hey....if it provides results and improves appearance, I'm all for it!

1 Comments:

Blogger tabasco man said...

Sorry to hear about the rel.

Time to party. Ask WW for details.

7/02/2008 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home