Thursday, January 08, 2009

Lunch In Waipahu Part 3 - K's Bento-Ya

Went to K's Bento-Ya for lunch today. Got there at around 11am and they only had like 6 bentos left. They open at some ridiculous hour in the morning like at 5am or something like that and usually sell out of bentos by lunchtime.

From what I understand, they only have 2 types of bento: small bento ($4.75) and large bento ($5.75). Small bento (seen below) has musubi, maki sushi, oshi sushi, tofu patty, corned beef hash, half a teri hot dog, and cayenne chicken. The large bento is the same but also includes cone sushi, luncheon meat, and fried shrimp.
This was my first experience eating K's and for the price, a pretty decent bento, but too much rice for my taste. I don't need that much rice. The teri hot dog was simply a hot dog dipped or marinated in teri sauce and I don't know what makes the chicken "cayenne" but it was pretty tasty with the typical local style shoyu garlic type marinade. I liked the tofu patty as well.

Maybe I going try the large next time for just $1 more.

1 Comments:

Blogger tabasco man said...

Yup, you gotta go early or else no mo, especially on Saturday.

I think you get even more rice and one shrimp for the big size.

Cannot go wrong for the price. I remember when the exact same bentos were a $1 cheaper.

1/08/2009 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home