Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lunch In Waipahu Part 5 - Blazin Steaks

I've seen these Blazin Steaks restaurants pop up all over the island and finally decided to try the one right down the street from my office.

The menu offers a variety of items not just limited to steak. They also serve Korean bbq chicken and shrimp, for example. But since the name of the place was about the steaks, that's what I had to order. So I ordered the 8 ounce steak medium rare, which also comes with 2 scoops of rice and tossed salad with your choice of thousand, ranch, or Italian dressing, all for just $6.


So what's the verdict? It's about what you can expect for a $6 steak plate. Not that it's particularly bad, but it's not particularly good either. I felt like the steak was cooked a little past the medium rare that I asked for and what's amazing is that my order was given to me within a minute! They have an open kitchen so you can see them prepare your food but I had to take a phone call and didn't bother to watch. But before a minute passed, they told me that my order was ready! Hah? You can cook a steak that fast? I'm guessing that they must've pre cooked the steaks and then reheated them when orders come in. Gotta be.

I have to admit the seasoning for the steak was not half bad, probably since they just sprinkled some pepper on it. But I found the consistency a little chewy and rubbery for my taste. As for the sides, the rice was pretty dry but the tossed salad tasted good with the thousand island dressing.

Bottom line....you get what you pay for.

1 Comments:

Blogger KoreAmBear said...

That looks like a lotta steak lovin' for $6. I tried the fish at the Alakea and Queen location - I don't know what possessed me to order fish from a place called "Blazin' Steaks" but it wasn't bad - broiled opakapaka. What I like is that they have this huge condiment tube of A-1 -- A-1 costs a lot man, so I would just kill the plate with A-1.

4/22/2009 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home