Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Seattle - Day 1

Did a little runaway vacation in the Northwest...Seattle, WA to be exact. Had never been there before so I was really excited to visit and experience a new city and what it had to offer.

Stayed there for 5 days and 4 nights, and whaddya know? Not a drop of rain! I was a little apprehensive about the notorious Seattle weather but it was absolutely gorgeous every single day I was there.

On to my adventures....

I arrived in the city at 5:46am on Friday morning. Hardly got any sleep on the plane so was a bit pooped but had to have my breakfast so went to check out a breakfast place called The Dish in Ballard.

Fresh fruit bowl and side of buttermilk pancake

Omelette with home fries. The home fries were the bomb, yo!

Sausage links and 2 eggs over medium. Just like how I like em.

Overall, a good first meal to the trip.

Then it was on to the hotel. Hotels in the Downtown area were quite pricey so decided to stay at Silver Cloud Hotel on Lake Union. A decent place with great amenities. They have a pool and hot tub, free wireless internet in the rooms, daily free continental breakfast, and a free shuttle to and from Downtown! Wow!

Luckily, was able to check in a little early (around 10:00am) and rested in the room for a few hours. Then it was on to Pike Place Market!

The famous sign

I signed up for a food tour through Savor Seattle since I had heard such good things about them. I chose the "Off the beaten path" tour which allowed you to sample some of the more exotic offerings at the Public Market. Samples were given at all the stops including food of Spanish, Bavarian, Swedish, African, and Vietnamese origin. All in all, a delicious and fun tour that I would recommend not only for the experience, but also for the discount card that they give to you which you can apply to many of the vendors at the marketplace. Cool!

Vietnamese green papaya salad, summer roll, and shrimp

Ethiopian chicken tibs. This was my favorite dish on the tour. Deelish!

After the tour, decided to check out more of the market. Man, what a cool place with so much to see!

Tons of fresh produce. The nectarines and cherries I had were so sweet and juicy!

Lots of beautiful and colorful flowers for sale as well. So cheap too!

After all that, I was pretty tired so decided to buy some food from the market (turkey sandwich, Bing cherries, block of aged cheddar cheese, sweet nectarines) and had dinner at the hotel. Whew! I was pooped! Gotta get some rest for the rest of the trip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home