Friday, April 28, 2006

Funny Easter Egg in Apocalypto Trailer

Apocalypto is the latest film to be directed by Mel Gibson, who also directed Braveheart and The Passion of Christ. I don't know much about this film, but I did hear that all the spoken language will be done in Mayan.

But there is a hilarious Easter Egg in the trailer that I just wanted to share. Now, I saw this trailer on the big screen in the movie theater but did not catch it. In fact, I think it's impossible to catch with the naked eye. You have to frame by frame it. About 3/4 of the way through the trailer, right after they show pregnant woman and when it starts to show a bunch of scenes in quick edits, try to freeze frame by frame and you'll see a hilarious 1 frame Easter Egg.

Apocalypto Trailer

2 Comments:

Blogger Gee Why said...

Pretty funny. I took a screen shot of the Easter Egg if anyone is interested.

4/30/2006 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Didn't have time to review the trailer, so, thanks, gee why (at first, I thought that pic' at the side of your comment was the Easter egg).

Makes sense, as Gibson was clowning around with those natives at the beginning of the previous Academy Awards show, explaining why he's unable to host this year, goofin' it up and all.

I saw the actual trailer before watching The Sentinel this past weekend (also saw United 93 yesterday . . . hooo, man, shaky camera, but, all-in-all, power stuff. Go see this one in the theatres). I dunno, I normally don't find such thing scenes particularly hilarious, but, Apocalyto really, REALLY emphasizes this pregnant lady; I mean, fills the entire screen, seemingly, and the camera angles around her as Lucas would've done for the Death Star. I dunno, that whole part (this is, of course, before seeing this Easter egg) made me kinda' chuckle in my seat.

Then there's that part some Aztec ('scuse me if I'm not getting the correct moniker here) leader standing on one of those Aztec temples, looking over a whole buncha' Aztecs, and they all rise and "hoorah," to that effect. Anybody who saw Aliens vs. Predator might be wondering, heh, where are the Predator ships coming down, heehhe. I mean, not to make fun of the subject matter of Gibson's film, of course (I intend to see it), but, it certainly looked like a scene out of that sci' fi' film, heh.

5/01/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home