Friday, May 25, 2007

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story OST - A Collector's Item?

I was just making a comment on Gee Why's blog about not being able to find a copy of the soundtrack to Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story so I went online to go search for it at the usual places. What a shocker! This thing is like a collector's item or something!

I actually had a copy of this CD back in college cuz I loved the film and thought that the music was amazing. But I've lost it somehow over the years and now that I'm trying to track one down, I'm discovering that this thing ain't cheap!

eBay has it for $20. Sounds high, right?

Well, try Amazon. Their prices start at $39.50 for used copies! Whoa!

If I can't find a better deal somewhere, I may have to go with the $20 eBay one. Jeez! I can't believe this!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gee Why said...

Isn't this the whole Long Tail topic?

You tried checking some not-so-legit online resources?

5/25/2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Sang Park said...

Got me curious...so...did a quick search and found one for under $9.00.

Link
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?tn=dragon+bruce+lee&pid=1545744&aid=9885520&y=0&x=0&kn=soundtrack

worth a shot? Good luck!

5/27/2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Hey thanks! I'm going to pick that up pronto!

5/28/2007 12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I remember 'bout the "Dragon" soundtrack was that it was loud . . . I think. Wouldn't mind giving another hear. That's ONE movie that the HBOs, Cinemaxs, Showtimes, whatever don't seem to screen a lot, and they should (watch the coincidentals now -- they're gonna start showing it over and over 'til Christmas, heh).

The one elusive "grail" soundtrack for me is one Blade Runner soundtrack that includes Vangelis tunes not found anywhere else from what I understand (i.e., the drum/heavy synth'-laden opening titles).

5/30/2007 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home