Monday, June 25, 2007

Finally Got To Play Poker!

As Wayne's World knows...I've been dying to play poker for a long time now. But we've just been unable to get enough guys together at the same time for a decent game. Lo and behold, I get a call yesterday morning from a friend to join his poker game on Sunday afternoon. Shoots! I was so there. Never mind that I'd be playing with a bunch of strangers. I just wanted to play!

The strangers turned out to be a really cool bunch of reporters and staff members of a local newspaper and I was really glad to meet them all, including one sports writer that I've been reading for years and years. Not to mention...I won! We played 4 games with anywhere from 7 to 11 people each game and I finished in the Top Two 3 out of the 4 games (two 1st places, one 2nd place). Yay! I did feel a bit awkward however about winning from strangers. But I also did get a little bit of that Matt Damon in Rounders feeling as well! One of the guys even joked to my friend who invited me that he brought in a "ringer"! LOL

Anyways, was good fun and I hopefully will be able to play again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger tabasco man said...

Drop some names man...

6/25/2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Nah...I don't wanna get anyone in trouble! Notice I didn't say anything about the stakes either! LOL

6/25/2007 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home