Monday, September 03, 2007

Okinawan Festival 2007

WW and I volunteered at the Okinawan Festival this past weekend on both Saturday and Sunday for about a total of 14 hours. Was good fun as usual and had choke people! Weather held up nicely as well. I didn't really get to catch too much of the entertainment but sampled some of the food and bought a lot of stuff!

Volunteers busy making the ever popular andagi
Snacks for sale!
Fresh produce too...
Bonsai tree display
If do right....no can defense!
10 Most common Okinawan names...are you on the list?
Beatiful orchids...I didn't buy one but I did buy a desert rose plant
T-shirts...
Rubber stamps...
Check out the lines for the food!
Had some ono pig's feet soup for breakfast on Saturday. I'm Korean! I gotta have soup for breakfast! Lots of bits of fatty pork on the bottom...oishi!
Anda-Dog for a snack...
Was super hot and I was working hard so here's my reward! The ice was shaved coarse how I like it.
Check out this massive stage they built!
This was the only act that I saw. They were blasting the Wong Fei Hung music so that's what drew me to the stage. Was really good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home